Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Free Ink Refills on Earth Day

I just found out that The University Coop is refilling ink cartridges for free on Earth Day, April 22nd.

I will definitely be in line to get my free ink. It's ridiculous how much of that stuff I go through -- thanks to all those 10 page research papers I've had this semester. errrr.

The Ink Cartridge Refilling Station is located in the Electronics Department of the Co-op. I'm not too sure where that is but I'm sure if you ask someone they will gladly help you.

Refilling your ink cartridge makes a step closer to being part of the Green Scene. It's a waste that more than 1.3 billion ink cartridges are sold world-wide when they can just be refilled! You will be helping save the world and save your wallet. Usually, refilling black ink at the coop is about $10 and refilling color ink is about $15. That's a whole lot cheaper than buying new ones.

Besides refilling your ink, the new refilling station at the Coop will:
- electronically test your cartridge
- completely evacuate old ink
- thoroughly clean the print head
- replenish the ink supply
- and perform a print test

Next blog I will talk about Austin's Monthly new Green Issue. I LOVE IT! Go pick up a mag before they are all gone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the bit of info Lizette.
Happy Earth Day!!